So, I am sad to say this apple season got away from me a bit. I did get to go apple picking with my darling and my peanut-but I didn’t get to make as much apple food as I had hoped, and obviously haven’t been doing as much as I had hoped with blogging. But oh well. Moving on, here is a new recipe I tried with our bounty of apples. I do reccomend making sure you have a full cup of BBQ sauce, I was low so I mixed in a little water and the whole thing came out VERY thin…we had it over rice and followed it up with apple crisp..and it was yummy!
Slow Cooker Bacon-Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 1 cup BBQ sauce
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/8 cup lemon juice fresh or from a bottle
• 5 small apples peeled and chopped
• 8 slices bacon (I had chicken breasts that were rather large so I used 3 pieces per breast)
1. In a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and peeled/chopped apples.
2. Wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon and place in a greased slow cooker.
Pour BBQ-apple mixture over chicken and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is done.